Find a Pro in Michigan Center, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Michigan Center
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Michigan Center, Michigan
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Michigan Center, Michigan. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to find the right companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.