Find a Pro in Mount Clemens, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Mount Clemens
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Mount Clemens, MI
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Mount Clemens, MI. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Mount Clemens, MI. Get the roofing services you need for your property right away.