Find a Pro in Newaygo, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Newaygo, Michigan. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Newaygo
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Newaygo, Michigan
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Newaygo, Michigan. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Newaygo, Michigan. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.