Find a Pro in Novi, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Novi
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Novi, MI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Novi, MI. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.