Find a Pro in Oxford, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Oxford, Michigan. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Oxford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Oxford, Michigan
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Oxford, Michigan. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.