Find a Pro in Rogers City, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Rogers City, MI. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Rogers City
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Rogers City, MI
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Rogers City, MI, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.