Find a Pro in Romeo, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Romeo
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Romeo, Michigan
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Romeo, Michigan. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.