Find a Pro in Rothbury, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Rothbury, Michigan. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Rothbury
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Rothbury, Michigan
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Rothbury, Michigan. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Rothbury, Michigan. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.