Find a Pro in Saint Joseph, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Saint Joseph
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Saint Joseph, MI
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Saint Joseph, MI. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our powerful platform, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Saint Joseph, MI. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.