Find a Pro in Shingleton, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Shingleton, Michigan. Storms will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Shingleton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Shingleton, Michigan
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Shingleton, Michigan. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.