Find a Pro in Smiths Creek, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Smiths Creek
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Smiths Creek, Michigan
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Smiths Creek, Michigan. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.