Find a Pro in South Branch, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // South Branch
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near South Branch, MI
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in South Branch, MI, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.