Find a Pro in Sterling Heights, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Sterling Heights, MI. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Sterling Heights
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Sterling Heights, MI
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Sterling Heights, MI. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.