Find a Pro in Sterling, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Sterling, Michigan. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Sterling
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Sterling, Michigan
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Sterling, Michigan, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.