Find a Pro in Suttons Bay, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Suttons Bay
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Suttons Bay, MI
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Suttons Bay, MI. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.