Find a Pro in Troy, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Troy
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Troy, MI
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Troy, MI. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.