Find a Pro in Walled Lake, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Walled Lake
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Walled Lake, Michigan
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Walled Lake, Michigan. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Walled Lake, Michigan. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property now.