Find a Pro in West Olive, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in West Olive, Michigan. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // West Olive
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near West Olive, Michigan
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in West Olive, Michigan. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.