Find a Pro in Whitmore Lake, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Whitmore Lake
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Whitmore Lake, Michigan
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Whitmore Lake, Michigan, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.