Find a Pro in Willis, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Willis
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Willis, MI
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Willis, MI. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.