Find a Pro in Wyoming, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Michigan // Wyoming
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Wyoming, Michigan
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Wyoming, Michigan. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to hire the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.