Find a Pro in Belton, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Belton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Belton, MO
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Belton, MO. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Belton, MO. Find the right contractor for your property today.