Find a Pro in Bunker, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Bunker
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Bunker, MO
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Bunker, MO. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.