Find a Pro in Carterville, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Carterville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Carterville, MO
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Carterville, MO, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.