Find a Pro in Fredericktown, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Fredericktown
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Fredericktown, Missouri
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Fredericktown, Missouri. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.