Find a Pro in Gideon, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Gideon, Missouri. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Gideon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Gideon, Missouri
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Gideon, Missouri, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.