Find a Pro in Glasgow, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Glasgow
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Glasgow, MO
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Glasgow, MO. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.