Find a Pro in Higbee, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Higbee
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Higbee, MO
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Higbee, MO. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.