Find a Pro in Independence, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Independence, Missouri. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Independence
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Independence, Missouri
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Independence, Missouri. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.