Find a Pro in La Plata, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // La Plata
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near La Plata, MO
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in La Plata, MO. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.