Find a Pro in Lone Jack, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Lone Jack
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Lone Jack, Missouri
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Lone Jack, Missouri. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.