Find a Pro in Macon, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Macon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Macon, MO
When you need roofing maintenance services in Macon, MO, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.