Find a Pro in Malta Bend, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Malta Bend
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Malta Bend, MO
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Malta Bend, MO. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.