Find a Pro in Marshfield, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Marshfield, Missouri. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Marshfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Marshfield, Missouri
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Marshfield, Missouri. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.