Find a Pro in Moberly, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Moberly, MO. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Moberly
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Moberly, MO
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Moberly, MO. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Moberly, MO. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.