Find a Pro in Montgomery City, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Montgomery City
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Montgomery City, Missouri
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Montgomery City, Missouri. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.