Find a Pro in New Franklin, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // New Franklin
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in New Franklin, Missouri
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in New Franklin, Missouri, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in New Franklin, Missouri. Find the right contractor for your property now.