Find a Pro in Rayville, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Rayville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Rayville, Missouri
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Rayville, Missouri. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.