Find a Pro in Springfield, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Springfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Springfield, MO
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Springfield, MO. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Springfield, MO. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home today.