Find a Pro in Strafford, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Strafford, Missouri. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Strafford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Strafford, Missouri
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Strafford, Missouri. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Strafford, Missouri. Find the right contractor for your home right away.