Find a Pro in Urbana, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Urbana, MO. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Urbana
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Urbana, MO
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Urbana, MO, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.