Find a Pro in Webb City, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Webb City
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Webb City, MO
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Webb City, MO, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.