Find a Pro in Weston, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Weston
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Weston, Missouri
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Weston, Missouri. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to hire the best companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.