Find a Pro in Homer, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Nebraska // Homer
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Homer, Nebraska
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Homer, Nebraska. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the best companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.