Find a Pro in Johnson, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Johnson, NE. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Nebraska // Johnson
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Johnson, NE
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Johnson, NE, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.