Find a Pro in Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Plattsmouth, Nebraska. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Nebraska // Plattsmouth
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Plattsmouth, Nebraska. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.