Find a Pro in Bethlehem, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Bethlehem, NH. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New Hampshire // Bethlehem
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Bethlehem, NH
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Bethlehem, NH. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.