Find a Pro in Dunbarton, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New Hampshire // Dunbarton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Dunbarton, New Hampshire
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Dunbarton, New Hampshire, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.