Find a Pro in Enfield, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New Hampshire // Enfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Enfield, New Hampshire
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Enfield, New Hampshire. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Enfield, New Hampshire. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.