Find a Pro in Hillsborough, New Hampshire
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Hillsborough, New Hampshire. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New Hampshire // Hillsborough
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Hillsborough, New Hampshire
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Hillsborough, New Hampshire. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.